CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE
Order it here:
Sean has been training, mentoring, and educating all his life. An exceptionally well-regarded conference speaker and author, Sean has delivered talks for Fortune 50 companies and top tier conferences. He has also been the author of several books on technical as well as business topics.
Sean has also been a professional services firm owner for over 20 years. His professional services work has spanned consulting engagements with the Fortune 50 and startups you’ve heard of, the sale of his first professional services company, and the growth of delivery, sales, marketing, and operational practices inside professional services firms.
In short, Sean brings a wealth of knowledge when it comes to surviving and thriving as a service firm owner or the leader of a practice area inside a larger services firm.
- Sean’s biggest habit is that he always keeps learning.
- People get comfortable at a certain point in life, but you have to learn new things and not just learn more about what you’re comfortable with.
- It’s incredibly dangerous to stay in the narrow lane of media and information.
- Sean is constantly learning something new then teaching it to someone else.
- Be careful about making a point when you’re writing.
- COVID has forced everyone to become better writers or has exposed those who weren’t.
- Certain behaviors cannot be expressed through email.
- Good teachers start hard then get easy.
- Too many people think that they’re masters of deception.
- You’re not that good at deception, and what will it get you anyway?
- People try to sandbag bad news.
- Just say it.
- Culture has become a weird gift-giving exercise.
- Once you gift your employees something, everything becomes table stakes.
- You can’t make your employees happy by just gifting them things.
- You remember the people who shaped you, not the ones who gifted you.
- People need apprenticeships, not micro promotions
- Finances aren’t exciting.
- It’s easier for entrepreneurs to be in the land of self-satisfcation.
- If it’s not your skill, find someone whose it is.
- You must have a good business partner.
Sean Campbell’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? He sees everything as a learning opportunity, so life is a lot more fun.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He plays with his dog and is always going. He doesn’t just sit around.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His faith, his family, and his pets are his biggest connections.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “How much pain have cost us the evils which have never happened.” and “Don’t count the chickens.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Managing the Professional Service Firm by David Maister, anything by Alan Weiss, and anything on World War II history
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He really cared about raising a great home and a great family.
Connect with Sean:
Gary’s new book is available! You can purchase it at CultivatePositiveCulture.com