CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE
Order it here:
Ruth was born and lives in the UK and has been involved in helping people achieve what they never thought was possible for over 25 years. In 2007 she was recognised by the UK Government as a Role Model for Women in Science and Technology for her work in Terahertz imaging.
In 2016 Ruth hit rock bottom in the corporate world when she was put on an unexpected performance review shortly after a miscarriage and told she had no emotional intelligence.
This turned out to be the best thing that happened to her at that time. She went on a transformational coaching journey, left the toxic workplace, lost 27lbs in weight and rediscovered her best self. In April 2018 she realised her dream of ski touring across the French Alps with her husband and eight months later their beautiful daughter Lilly was born.
Ruth now helps business leaders who have lost connection with their best self win back time doing what they love with those they love by unchaining their pain, unlocking the secrets to greater mental clarity and performance and optimising their unique brain to unleash their full potential.
Dr. Ruth Mary Allan is a Certified Brain Health Professional, High Performance Coach and Havening Techniques Practitioner. She has helped people with a wide range of brain health challenges from ADD, anxiety, depression, grief, PSTD, phobias, birthing trauma, childhood abuse, domestic abuse and Traumatic Brain Injuries.
Her clients around the world range from senior executives to young children, including military and emergency services personnel. Ruth has over 25 years of consulting, coaching and mentoring experience. She loves the outdoors and is a serving British Army Reservist and military ski and mountain leader.
- Dr. Ruth’s employer told her she had no emotional intelligence which caused her to feel like a failure and hit rock bottom.
- She started making changes to her life in fitness, emotional intelligence, learning, and more.
- Dr. Ruth’s journey helped her grow.
- Post traumatic growth can help us achieve big things.
- Your past doesn’t have to be your present.
- Unchain yourself from your past.
- Learn how to let go.
- You can shape the future.
- You don’t have to let anyone else define it.
- Your brain is always developing.
- Look after it.
- Dr. Allan’s five pillars of brain health:
- Checking in with your feelings and emotions.
- Actions that you adopt.
- Connections that you have.
- Thoughts that you are having (even the ones you’re unaware of).
- Surroundings that you are in.
- Watch risk factors that may affect your brain health such as blood flow. (Alcohol, Caffeine and Sugar)
- Food is so important because food feeds your brain.
- Watch what you’re putting in your body.
Dr. Ruth Mary Allan’s Recharge Round
- What habit do you think has lead to success in your life? She plans her day the night before.
- What’s the simple positive action that you take each day to move forward to achieve your goals? Make sure that you are time binding the actions you want to take in a day so that you’re creating low-level pressure to get the job done.
- What’s your biggest life lesson and what have you learned from it? The only person’s opinion who matters when asking if you can or cannot do something is your own.
Connect with Dr. Allan:
Gary’s new book is available! You can purchase it at CultivatePositiveCulture.com