Drew Hudgins loves dogs, recycles, plays several instruments, can’t keep his eyes off his wife and 75% of his family was adopted.
Drew’s professional life started in the public school band room and evolved into stringing lots of artsy areas together—like design, music, and film—to tell a good story. As a digital media artist, he’s won all kinds of awards that few have ever heard of.
For years though, he knew he was leaving his clients with a big problem: nobody was seeing (or caring about) their precious videos. So he got busy launching, failing and learning “all-things marketing”—from YouTube, running online paid ads, and email.
Now he uses all his past media-making experience and failures—including his retail experience at Apple—to teach small-town business owners how to use the internet to get more sales. Drew also has a way of extracting the unique superpower right out of service providers and boiling it down into an easy-to-understand framework. They’ll use this to stand out in their market, scale their teams faster, and book more contracts without sounding needy.
Subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, Google, or listen here:
- Started out as a band director.
- Met his wife in music school.
- Marketing started to come naturally to him.
- His wife built a business which she turned over to the employees.
- They made the move from Ohio to Kentucky.
- He has two sons.
- He says that the constant pursuit of wisdom has led to his success.
- Drew states that video is about creating a relationship with your customers. (One way meet and greet)
- Says to be yourself in your marketing but it can become a long process.
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It
- When you talk about what you like and enjoy you are the most like yourself.
- Encourages you to get going on something that you love to do.
- People are on social media to be entertained.
- Know your market and ask for their opinions on what you are doing.
- Find out what the right words are to trigger the customers to buy.
- Talk one on one with your favorite customer and just ask their opinion on things.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, Revised Edition
Drew Hudgin’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life. Start the day off right: Try to commit the first few hours to learning.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? Learning in the mornings or when it works best for you in your life.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life. Scott an Assistant Superintendent: “I think you are talented and good luck!”
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “It’s none of my business what other people say about me.” -One of his friends
- Recommend a book and share why you love it. A book of the Bible: Proverbs
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world. “Live a life worth imitating.”