Earl is an accomplished corporate executive, entrepreneur and author. He is currently the Founder and Managing Partner of Richer Life, LLC.
Earl forged a successful and rewarding 34-year corporate career as a Systems Engineer, Project/Program Manager, and Corporate & Technology Executive. He has held senior technical and leadership positions within Fortune 100, Mid-market and Venture companies.
Earl has been honored with numerous national awards for professional achievement including the 1995 Black Engineer of the Year Award for professional achievement in industry.
He is the author of eleven published books. His first book on leadership development was released in November 2011 and is titled Focused Leadership: What You Can Do Today to Become a More Effective Leader. His newest book, The SMART Leader and the Skinny Principles: How to Lead and Win with Any Organization was released in October 2019.
He and his wife of 37 years, Dr. Charlotte Grant-Cobb, have authored four books together. Earl is also father of one and grandfather of three (with the oldest being a teenager). Earl is retired but still finds enjoyment and challenge in what he wakes up a does every day which includes being a part-time consultant, public speaker, radio talk show host and CEO and publisher of some wonderful trade books.
- Earl’s number one habit is to always have a plan.
- Having a plan lets you know where you are, what you have, and where you are going.
- It creates energy.
- Leadership is your advantage.
- The idea of leading means that you have the vision and mission and you know how to communicate that to others.
- No one can get in your head when you know what is up.
- People are listening even if you aren’t saying anything.
- Listening is not a passive activity. It is active.
- A project leader should get to know each team member as an individual.
- They need to understand their people fully so they can better execute functions.
- Trust is the most important relationship that you can have as a leader.
- It’s not about you. It’s about the other person.
- Others give you trust.
- Having a truthful mentor and accepting others for how they are really helped Earl early on in his career.
- Most people think that being empathetic means that you are too involved.
- “It’s not my place to get into your life.”
- However, people don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
- The secret of leaderships according to Earl is
- To get someone to follow, it has to be about them.
Earl Cobb’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? What we think is who we are and what we do.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He prays, exercises, and has excitement when he wakes up every morning.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? His wife has been the wind beneath his wings.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” – Matthew 7:12
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Anything by John Grisham and The Smart Leader and the Skinny Principles by Earl Cobb
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He was a good man. He was gracious and caring and owned all his responsibilities. He was an outstanding family member and died without regrets.
Check out Earl’s website at richerlifellc.com!
- Send Earl an email at email@example.com and he will give you free leadership advice about current predicaments and will also give you a free copy of The Smart Leader!!
Order your copy of Positive Culture Wins HERE!