CULTIVATE POSITIVE CULTURE
Order it here:
Steven Mark Kahan has successfully helped to grow six start-up companies from early-stage development to going public or being sold, resulting in more than $3.5 billion in shareholder value. He is currently Chief of Staff at Thycotic, which will become the seventh.
He has just written a book published by Wiley and Audible and available on Amazon.com called “Be a Start-Up Superstar.” The book teaches those graduating college and young professionals how to earn a great living doing what they love by igniting their career at a tech startup.
- Steve’s number one habit is hard work.
- There’s no substitute for hard work.
- It’s the one way to the top.
- Hard work is the price you pay for the success you desire to achieve.
- Another important habit for Steve is regularly challenging the status quo.
- The status quo is a bias that permeates the company and keeps things the same.
- Growth often requires change.
- At some point, people or organizations that wanted to be great had to challenge the status quo to get there.
- How can I earn a great living doing what I love?
- Look for these signs for a winning startup:
- You need a solid team of leaders that will rock your world.
- You need a concept that fills a big market need.
- Make sure the market is big enough to give you the area to succeed.
- A great product that you believe in.
- Does this resonate with you?
- Choose a startup that is well-funded.
- You need money to get off of the runway.
- You need to ask a lot of questions.
- Be able to communicate well.
- People who succeed are not I people but WE people.
- What are some interview questions you can ask to get quality information?
- Why is now the time for your company to exist?
- What do you love about your team and why are you the one to solve this problem?
- Tell me about your first paying customer. How did they come to you?
- What are your revenue expectations for the next year?
- What will growth look like next year?
- Who are your investors and why did you choose them?
- If you weren’t building your startup, what would you be doing?
- People don’t want to be all on.
- You have to protect your calendar.
- Time is a finite resource.
- Open your calendar.
- How many meetings do you have with yourself?
- There’s no right or wrong.
- It’s a little different for everyone.
- Strive for work-life harmony.
Steve Kahan’s Recharge Round
- Share with us how you believe your mindset affects your life? Winston Churchill said that a pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity and an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty. You have to strive to be positive.
- What do you do daily to bring Energy into your life? He tries to put his family first. He has a proper perspective between work and home.
- Share the number one connection that has made the biggest impact on your life? Doug Erwin who was the CEO of a company he worked for.
- What advice has Influenced you the most in your life? “Summon the courage to make tough decisions.”
- Recommend a book and share why you love it? Winning by Jack Welch
- Define in one sentence or less, what legacy you want to leave on the world? He wants to have helped others make their personal and professional lives better. He simplified the path to success.
Check out Steve’s website at beastartupsuperstar.com!!
Connect with Steve:
Gary’s new book is available! You can purchase it at CultivatePositiveCulture.com